Friday, April 17, 2009

ANYBODY THERE??

Here I am again, reporting the events of my exciting life. Yesterday I spent most of the day sorting, pitching, and recycling clothes. I ended up with two garbage bags for Goodwill and will probably have another bag of Jerry's things when I get to them.

Today is a gorgeous day of sunshine and 60ish temperatures. I went for a 20-minute walk around the walking path in the park this morning. I HAVE to lose the 7-8 lbs I've gained during the last year. My blood sugar is up on a daily basis so I know the AIC count will be up when I go for testing in late May. However, if I start walking EVERY day and QUIT eating candy and other junk, I might lose weight and get the counts back to normal. That's my goal. The secondary motivation is that maybe my clothes will fit comfortably again.

Jerry had fluid drained from his hip yesterday -- feels much better today and is walking well. Interesting. We're hoping to get the test results by the middle of next week. He's outside "servicing" the riding mower right - can't wait to get that thing going!

Oh - he just came in the house singing "I dreamed I was there in Hillbilly Heaven . . ." (I might get in trouble for that one!)

2 comments:

Drake said...

I'm here. Happen to be working tonight while Michelle and the kids are at the neighbors next door enjoying the nice weather.

Did you all hear about the skunk we had at our house this week? I'll have to post about that later. Michelle may have a picture...

Ada said...

Yes, we heard about it. Caused a little excitement, huh? We'd love to see a picture.