Monday, April 6, 2009

And my update

I reach 23 weeks pregnant tomorrow. After a blood pressure scare last Monday, I've been doing modified bedrest for a week. It seems to be working. My BP is labile (fluctuating) and is averaging higher than it was, but hasn't crossed the "magic numbers" of 140/90. I'm being monitored very closely now. I have another appointment tomorrow with a big blood draw--testing for underlying conditions that make my pregnancies so high risk.

It was confirmed a week or so ago that we're having a boy and a girl. At the time, they were estimated to be about a pound each. They both are very active and healthy--no heart or kidney problems or anything else to be concerned with.

I'm hoping for at least 5 more weeks and would love to get 10 or more. I'm not due until August 4, but the chances of actually reaching that date are slim to none.

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Good update, Jen, but not so much exactly what we wanted to hear. I'm praying for every day you can hang on to your health and those two babies - 5 weeks sounds scary. Would complete bedrest be a help or not? Are you ready for a church meal list, or a child care sign up for Ethne and Catie? Cleaning? I'm out of town for 2 days, but will give you a call the end of the week and see what your needs are. Take care!

Shelley S said...

We'll be praying you make it the 10+ weeks! Also praying for your health, as well as 'Clark' and 'Addison's. Try to take it easy - I'm sure even partial bedrest is difficult with 2 little ones around the house. Let me know if you need anything.

P.S. I think you should keep the names Clark and Addison and see if it helps break the 101 year losing streak. This might be the year!