Friday, March 6, 2009

LATEST PROJECT





As a World Relief project, some ladies in our church are "embellishing" bags that were made by women in Jamaica. We will have an "open house" sale on April 3 & 4 and send the money back to Jamaica. There are also beautiful hand crocheted and embroidered linens but I don't have any of them. I began by sewing on the ribbons, appliques, etc. Then I got smart and found something called Liquid Stitch - and it glues them on and they become permanently bonded. Saved a lot of time by doing it that way! I did 15 bags this week. I actually like the bags "plain" better, but apparently they sell better if they are embellished. Several other church have already had their sales.
Other than that, it's been a quiet and somewhat boring week. But the sun was shining beautifully today and I went for a walk this afternoon - about a mile.

3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Where is the sale going to be?

Ann said...

How much are they? How much is an unembellished bag?

Ada said...

I think they're "too much"! The black one with the red rose (7x7 inches)is marked $15, the black one with the big butterfly (8x9 inches) is marked $17. I can't find a price on the smaller "clutches". There are also larger ones that are $30-40 or so. We are supposed to suggest an additional price for the embellishments, and they will either pay us for that or send the extra money to Jamaica. I certainly don't want anything for my time or material and will tell them that but they can mark them however they want to. I personally like them plain. If you are really interested, I will find out the prices of the various sizes and let you know.