Wednesday, March 11, 2009

10,000 Steps a Day

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous for the past three days - highs in the 70s and beautiful sunshine. I've been going out to the soccer field last period of the school day and walking with the PE girls (their teacher is a close friend of mine). I've been trying to log 10,000 steps a day with a pedometer - have any of you tried that for exercise? Anyway, walking a track with a big group of people, and talking with a good friend along the way, beats walking up and down a long straight street in the evening by myself!

Tomorrow, however, it's supposed to be cloudy with highs only in the low 50s and a chance of rain. I have a feeling my desire to walk during last period might disappear. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My company does a walking program every year where you can set a goal of 7500, 10000, or 13000 steps a day. You log your daily steps and then they give prizes based on drawings of who met their goal.

Good for you to do this! Keep it up.

Ada said...

I've been very "lax" with my walking - the treadmill just sits waiting. Have no idea how many steps I take, but usually walk about 1/2 hour which works out to a little over a mile. I hate walking! Much rather play spider or free cell on the computer.:)