Monday, February 23, 2009

A FEW BITS OF NOTHING MUCH

I have this problem most nights that my ankles burn while my feet freeze. So I'm take my socks off, then put them back on again and again. I was complained to Jerry and he said "just wear one sock and it will average out" -- just thought I'd share with you what I have put up with (both my feet and my husband).

It's been a rather dull day today. Dinner -- the "biggie" for the day finally arrived. I made one of my favorite things from Mother -- noodles with bread crumbs -- I love it! Also fried some pecan-crusted chicken breasts to go with it and green beans and "slaw" for sides. My kids love "slaw" (hm hm) and I want to let them know that I bought a new grater a while back as they about gagged one day when they were here and I pulled out this old rusty thing and began grating cheese or something. I think they thought I was trying to poison them.

Ann, we're wondering if you fixed the sweater the correct way?!? See, we do read your blog.

7 comments:

Ann said...

Yes, I did get it fixed. :-) It doesn't look quite as nice the second time around, but it's perfectly wearable.

For those of you who want to know what Ada is talking about, here's the link to the dumb thing your middle-aged cousin did. You'll probably have to copy and paste it - a link doesn't work quite the same in comments.

http://fromsinkingsand.blogspot.com/2009/02/inside-out-repair-job.html

Mama Runner said...

Your ankles burn while your feet freeze? Sounds like Raynaud's Disease. Overall pretty harmless but annoying.

Anonymous said...

Let me clarify. We do not love slaw. We think the word "slaw" is funny.

LynnK said...

NOODLES AND BREAD CRUMBS!!! You got it! Probably my favorite dish, too. I love it also with some slow cooked roast beef and a lettuce salad. A meal? You better believe it.

Might just have it for lunch today.

Anonymous said...

I'd never thought about the word "slaw" before, but it is truly weird. Now, I just can't get it out of my mind. Is there a name for the phenomenon of not being able to forget about something?
Cleve

Ada said...

Never heard of Raynaud's Disease. My Dr. said this is common to diabetics.

I was waiting for a reply from one of my children - I know they don't like "slaw", make they fun of me everytime I say that word and if they're all present, they die laughing!! Ang took my bait! I guess Cleve will laugh next time also.

Ann said...

What is the joke about "slaw"? Is it not a common word or is it an inside joke?