Tuesday, January 13, 2009

QUIET WEEK EXPECTED

After a busy weekend, we finally have some time to ourselves. I think we slept a lot yesterday and went to bed at 10 last night and got up at 8:30 today. Hopefully, we'll have more energy today.

I may have mentioned that Byron and Carol were here to preach Sunday. We picked them up at Reagan National Saturday and they went back yesterday morning. We had a good time with them - they were very congenial to get along with. We also had a pleasant surprise at church when Marcia and Mindy Campbell showed up. They were visiting relatives in the area. Therre were 16 people in church (6 from Gridley). Sunday evening, Henrietta Meyer, Michelle Bachtold, and Joe Hinrichsen (a law student) met us and Stollers at a TGIFriday's for dinner.

There is a large woods behind the house - I went for a short walk on the rough path yesterday. Interesting. Don't think I've ever been in such a natural wood before. I could just imagine how a cigarette could ignite the awful inferno such as we see in California, etc. on occassion.

According to the information we are receiving on TV, we will probably not try to go downtown on the 20th. Last night they especially warned the "elderly" or "those having difficulty walking" to stay away from the expected crowds.

Ada

4 comments:

Ann said...

Where else do you anticipate going to sightsee? Will you make any day trips away from D.C.?

Drake said...

Why were you smoking in the woods? Remember: only you can prevent forest fires.

Anyway, good you're getting some rest after your whirlwind weekend. You need to get over to some of the senate confirmation hearings. And I was in Annapolis one time - cute town and some good sights. You should go there on a day trip.

Anonymous said...

I did a trip out to Mt. Vernon and through Alexandria. I think it was about a five hour time frame. There was a bus from Union Station. I also thought about going to Baltimore since I've not been there.

That's funny that Gridley made up half the church.

Ada said...

OK Drake - you made me laugh! We would like to go downtown and try to get in on the senate confirmation hearings. Maybe tomorrow. Wish we knew what would be going on.

I'd like to go to Lancaster County PA, Mt. Vernon, downtown Silver Spring and maybe on Drake's suggestion, Annapolis. Hadn't thought about that.