Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a job!

I must be a glutton for punishment.
I just finished a project I have been working on since last Friday. I had a lead (thanks Malissa) about a woman looking for help with writing, typing, etc. I contacted her and it was a legitimate, Christian lady from Peoria who has her own Work at Home clerical business. She assigned me a job right away. It was typing a hand-written manuscript. I have been typing like a maniac for a week! This thing was a full-scale book! She wanted it done by Friday, as she had been sitting on it for awhile, but I just finished it tonight. (My week also included working my regular job, a 2-day trip to Galena with girlfriends, where I took my laptop and typed most of the night, babysitting, etc.) I typed 102,646 words. My hands are tired. The saving grace of the project is that it was an interesting story, and I would recommend the book once it is in print. AND she paid me pretty good. Not as much as my hospital job, but let's face it, it was sitting at my computer...no blood, no other body fluids, no doctors (sorry, Sam)...actually a pretty good deal.

Dave just said, "You've got three jobs and you still have time to blog!" Signing off...Judy

2 comments:

Ada said...

Well, well, Judy -- you do like to be busy! I'm trying to figure out how many pages are filled with 102,646 words. Glad you enjoyed the story.

Eric - Retta said...

Keep up the hard work. Not sure how you and Dad get everything done that you do.....oh yeah, you never sleep.

As Dave Ramsey says: "Live your life like nobody else, so later you can live like nobody else". BTW: Retta's comment after Dave Ramsey class last night was "he is so irritating I could throw him in the creek."