Monday, November 17, 2008

SNOW AND SLEET

When I was in Bloomington Saturday, waiting in line at the Taco Bell drive-thru, we had a sudden short, heavy sleet storm. It lasted about two minutes then quit and the sun came out. Jerry won't eat tacos and I just had a sudden craving for a crunchy taco!

Today, we had snow flurries on and off most of the day. It was actually rather pretty even though it did not stick to the ground at all. Looks like winter is just around the corner.

Speaking of snow, I've been making lots of snowflakes on my embroidery machine. I have friends who ordered several at my sale, and I'm making a bunch for myself also. Keeps me busy and out of trouble.

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

And was it a long Taco Bell line? Every time I go by there, the line is backed up, while the poor Hardees next door is virtually empty. I was out in the sleet storm also, as well as the rest of the town of Bloomington/Normal, judging by the parking lots, traffic, etc. I don't see much evidence of people holding back due to the economy!

Anonymous said...

We had quite a bit of lake effect snow yesterday. It's still warm enough that it wasn't making the roads bad--just wet but it was accumulating some on the grass.

Nog blog, I agree. I see so many cars at restaurants and waits in restaurant lines as well as lines in other stores as well. We must be looking at the wrong places for a bad economy.