Monday, November 17, 2008

Gas Prices

We were in Oklahoma City three weeks ago and I paid $2.07 for gas. I thought to myself of the possibility to move there, ha! However, this evening I filled up for $1.85 at nearby Chevron store. Seems to me that if ever there was a rigged market it has been in fuel. Good ole "John Q. Public" always gets the pleasure of paying the bill and can't seem to do much about it except DON'T DRIVE AS MUCH. I still like the economic law of supply and demand. It has helped in this instance.

5 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Prices in Bloomington have dropped also..around that $1.80 mark for the past couple of weeks. Hope it stays reasonable over all the holidays.

Anonymous said...

I saw 1.86 in west Michigan yesterday, but most places seem to be about 1.93.

I like it!!!

Ada said...

Today, in Gridley, they started paying us ---.25 per gallon to "take the gas off their hands" !!! Ya'll just live in the wrong part of the country!!!

Ada said...

Looks like someone's hacking into my computer!!

Ann said...

Gas here is $1.81. However, I heard on the news last night that there is a string of gas stations in Greenville where it's down to $1.67!