Thursday, November 20, 2008

CROSSWORD PUZZLES

Is anybody good with crossword puzzles? I had a book of SIMPLE Crosswords and thought I would do some while waiting for my embroidery machine to make some snowflakes. It takes about 30 minutes to complete the snowflake, and I don't like to get too far away from the machine. So, I began the puzzle - got about half-way finished (and that was with cheating and looking up the correct words!) - and gave up. Started another one and again gave up. Oh well, I will just go back to Sudoku as I'm good at those!

Think I might make a good dinner tonight. Got some chicken out of the freezer. How does Chicken Parmesan sound? baked potato, broccoli/cheese, and a graham-cracker crust chocolate pie (sugar-free pudding). You're welcome to join us.

7 comments:

Nog Blog said...

The meal sounds tempting! As far as the crosswords go, yes, I can do those. I got on to it with the Pantagraph and got pretty good at it. Soduko, however, eludes me. I give up in disgust and have decided I don't need to even try anymore. I just don't get it!

rk2 said...

I like www.websudoku.com as I can do those, but even the "Easy" in the paper are too hard for me.

I enjoy a crossword puzzle and feel good if I can complete one in the paper which is rare.

And yes, I'd love to come for supper. That is much better than what I'll scrounge around my house to eat.

Anonymous said...

The supper sounds good, but I made something that I think would appeal to you. Homemade vegetable soup. Keith and I have been in all week with bad colds so it seemed like a good thing for a cold night.

I did sudoku until I got so sick of it I finally quit for a while.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally getting the hang of sudoku and can often finish one. Our local paper's puzzles are easiest on Monday and get progressively more difficult with the week.
I also like the Decatur Daily (don't know how to get computer
italics or underline)crossword puzzles. With the entertainment world I am in left field but then Google comes through quite well to help. My hubby is a good to assist with athlete names. I sometimes resent the time that can so easily be wasted. Yes, a little brain stimulus is good but---.

Anonymous said...

Oh to have time for such things as crossword puzzles and soduku! I can honestly say I've never done a crossword puzzle outside of an assignment in grade school. And, I only vaguely know what soduku is, but wouldn't really know how to do one.

Anonymous said...

Ang,
Ask your dad how to do sudoku. He's the one who got me started about two years ago and I'm just beginning to recover! It's really a fun challenge for those who have the time.
Aunt Mim

Ann said...

Nog Blog - you play that numbers game on the road, but Sudoku eludes you?! I'm the reverse. I tried your numbers game and it eluded me. But I love Sudoku and can't put down the paper without working the daily puzzle.