Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gathering Nuts?

I've been checking the blog as usual, though it's been relatively quiet the past few days. Figured maybe we're all gathering nuts for the upcoming winter...or enjoying the last few days of this beautiful weather in central Illinois. Ann, I surely hope you're getting the rains you've been waiting on. Dave is anxious to get to the field to harvest corn, but it's still a little wet (the corn, not the ground), so he's hoping to start on Monday. I went to the Farmer's Market this morning and got some tomatoes, beets, and acorn squash, which I love to cook in the microwave with a little butter and brown sugar (or plain if I'm dieting, which of course I always am)and eat for a yummy snack. At 6:10 this evening I'll head off for a 12 hour shift at the Bromenn baby mill. Repeat tomorrow evening, so I'm going to sign off and see how much I can get done today, since tomorrow and Monday I'll be pretty well shot.

Love to all!

7 comments:

Ann said...

4/10 inch rain last night, not much but we take what we get.

I NEED to be gathering nuts - we have a large pecan tree in the back yard that is loaded this year. Usually the squirrels get to them before I can, but if possible, with so many, maybe there will be enough to go around.

Mike just got off from working six 12-hour shifts in seven days. He slept until 10:00 this morning, he was so tired - that is unheard of for him. Hope you can get some rest this weekend when you're not working.

Eric - Retta said...

I'm here at work, just finishing up a lunch break. We are doing inventory today for fiscal year end. It's been quite interesting. I'll post about it later. Normally they finish at 2 or 3 on Sunday morning with inventory. We are on track today to be finished by 4 or 5 pm Saturday. It has me thinking of a good blog question. EDK

Drake said...

I thought you were suggesting a new name for this blog. If so, it might fit.

Nog Blog said...

That did make me chuckle, Drake...

LynnK said...

DRAKE: That is one big time winner! I let out a roar of laughter upon reading your comment. LadyK wondered what was up and when I told her, she, too, roared!!!

You are your daddy's son!!!

Nog Blog said...

Wow, Uncle Lynn. Both of us commenting at 3:20 pm!

Ann said...

I'll take the subscript off the title in a few days since it hides their faces and I can't figure out how to place it lower. . .but it was too good to resist!