Monday, July 14, 2008

Nothing Important

Well, I've been wanting to post something for awhile, but our lives here have been really boring lately. So for your reading pleasure, here is some of the minutiae that has been going on at the Bailes household:

**Saturday I rolled all the money in the change jar and came up with $61.

**Our second house phone was lost for a couple of days, but I just found it down in the couch cushions. Mary Lee has now lost and found her class ring three times in the last six weeks.

**Her new curtains came with only one tieback (they were supposed to have two). It was the last set in the department store. The clerk said my only option was to return the entire set and then drive to Greenville and try to buy another set at another store. I’m going to the fabric store today to find something to make two tiebacks. It irritates me, but what can you do?

**I wore a new outfit to church yesterday. Mike’s only comment was that the top matched Mary Lee’s curtains. (Both are black and white.)

**This is Mike’s last week on day shift for awhile. Next Monday he will start nights again for four weeks. (He works 6:00-6:00, whether it be days or nights.) So our entire family dynamic will change again. I’d say we’re used to it, but you never get used to it.

**Today I am going to school to run off lab manuals for the book sale. I have four whole weeks at my disposal before having to start back to school!

3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

I once spent an afternoon wrapping all my loose change - I was pretty excited at how much I had accumulated. When I took it to the bank the first thing the teller said to me was, "Just unwrap all of it so I can put it in the change counter!" So there I stood unwrapping it all and dumping in back into the container.

Ada said...

I never wrap it anymore - just take the container to the bank for counting. Haven't done that for awhile.

Ann, your life sounds pretty normal - and mundane - just like everybody elses. And I would just say that at least you got "A" comment from your husband about your clothes.

Ann said...

True, I got "a" comment--but only after I said "Did you notice I wore somthing new today?"!!!