Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Greetings from Brooklin, Maine

You may be aware that I'm spending two weeks at the WoodenBoat School in Maine this summer building a replica of an 1889 daysailer designed by Nathaniel Herreshoff. I'm working in the shop 8-5, then sailing on Eggemoggin Reach until dusk, and turning in early in an old farm house that students stay in. Not much time to post now so I'll leave a couple of pictures and then will write more later. (Did I mention I love my wife and kids for letting me do this?)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratultions, Drake. I think this is OUTSTANDING! I love it when a plan comes together -- fulfilling a fantasy that you have probably dreamed of for a long time. I, too, have been known to do some "crazy things" over the years and likewise have always appreciated Kathleen and the kids letting me do them. Some worked, some didn't, but one would always regret it if he didn't "try" some fantasies. Be sure to tell us your other dream of "sailing around the world on your own boat?"
Cleve

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to more pictures of the boat. What a neat opportunity!

Enjoy.