Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm fine, but...

"I'm fine, but....." is the message that popped up on my blackberry this afternoon while I was at work. I opened the email and read the following: "I had an accident with the lawn mower. I lost control going down the hill and it crashed into the trees and threw me off the back and then died. I don't know how the mower is, I was so shook up, I just crawled out of the trees and left it. I'm pretty sore and shook up... I'M SORRY! Love, Retta" Of course I immediately called to make sure she was ok. When I got home tonight, this is what I found. The first picture is taken from our driveway down the steep hill that runs to the timber along the side of our property.


She's sore and still shook up, even hours later. But we are very thankful she is okay. This morning Retta called her Accountability Partner and BFF Danette to see how she was doing today. At the end of the converstion, Retta said she was going to mow the yard and Danette said, "Don't you have a kid who can do that?". Retta said she didn't want the kids mowing on the hills because she was worried they might have an accident. She cried for 30 minutes, thankful it was her on the mower, not one of the kids. Makes us realize somtimes we take the simplest things for granted. Praise God Retta is OK too!!

EDK

3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm so glad she is fine. That could have been bad. These southern hills can make for some treacherous situations.

Ada said...

WOW! That does look like a treacherous hill and I'm glad Retta is OK. Hope you don't get anymore calls like that one. Looks like you live in a beautiful setting.

Nog Blog said...

Retta, be careful! Mowers are scary things! Glad you're OK!