Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More on sleepless nights

Judy,
When we lived in Chenoa about forty-five years ago, a group of ladies from the Gridley AC church volunteered to do this and that for residents at Fairview Haven. I had the joy of learning to know a delightful blind lady who was then one hundred years of age. She would have me write letters for her and just plain converse. I remember vividly her telling me that sometimes when she couldn't sleep she would not fret--just think pleasant thoughts and say, "Lord, let me sleep whenever you are ready." Her words impressed me enough that I still recall them.

Of course, the situation for her and current non-sleeping K's . differs greatly. She did not have a multitude of tasks awaiting her for the next morning. But isn't her attitude inspiring?

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

That is a great attitude! It is best not to worry about the lack of sleep and just realize that you will eventually snooze off or catch up later. Thankfully I can survive on very little. JK