Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More new members--and a question

Eric and Retta have now joined--Welcome aboard! Still three open invitations out.

Family members who haven't joined yet--There are now only eighty spots left, so you'd better get moving! (Only a hundred people can be contributors to a single blog.)

My daughter just walked in from a "hot dog eating contest" with her friends at a local famous hot dog place. She ate ten. Does she get this talent from the Klopfensteins or from her dad's side of the family?

5 comments:

Mama Runner said...

Oh, definitely the Klops. Jake, Staci, and I had a taco eating contest back in Jr. High, and I remember a story about Uncle Cleve's friends passing him hamburgers and (unbeknownst to him) counting how many he ate.

Ada said...

I'm not sure about the hotdogs - but if it were a watermelon-eating contest it just might be a Klop thing. Right Gloria & Cleve????

Ada said...

Welcome, Eric, Retta and family. Now you can keep us updated on life in Southern Alabama. Great to have you aboard!
Ada

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ada, if it was watermelon, the eating talent would be from the Klopfenstein's. We all know that Gloria can eat a WHOLE WATERMELON.
As for me and hamburgers, yes, in 1969 at Gridley's Reap-The-Harvest,
Lucile Stoller was making and serving 1/4-lb. burgers. I ate 21 during the course of the day --something I'm not at all proud of, but it is true. Clark Stoller has it around Gridley that it was 30. When Aunt Alice was nannying my family during Mom's week of giving birth to, I think, David, she served tuna-fish sandwiches and they all secretly counted my consumption. Aunt Alice will have to reveal how many I ate. I am extremely impressed, however, with
Mary Lee's eating 10 HOT DOGS!!!
Excellent and congratulations!!!!
Cleve

Anonymous said...

I was going to say it definitely had to be Bailes until I started reading about the Klopfenstein eating feats!