Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Last night I was channel surfing for a few minutes before going to bed and came across Jon and Kate Plus 8. Based on the positive reviews of the show I’d read on this site I settled on it. While overall it was good, I think viewers should warn a newbie to the show to only watch one or at the most two shows in succession. Last night there were several episodes on in a row. The first was cute with the parents taking each child on a special day—one of the twins was roller skating and then out to lunch with the parents.

I probably should have stopped there, but the next episode was the parents taking the other twin, Maddie ???, to get her ears pierced and out to Red Robin. That little girl could get on one’s nerves very quickly, but it was cute to see her enjoy lunch with just her parents.

By this time I was in bed and trying to go to sleep. The next episode was on the plane flying to Utah. It was a nightmare waiting to happen. No wonder I was awake during the night! I wish you loyal viewers would have warned me of how frayed my nerves would be after watching it!

Anyway, I enjoyed it and will watch again in limited doses thanks to the recommendations from family.

--Rhoda

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

http://www.sixgosselins.com/Our_Story.html

Shelley emailed me regarding Rhoda's post about Jon and Kate - she isn't registered yet, but wanted to share the website for Jon and Kate - where it shows a lot more about their Christian faith than the show airs. Now my comments:
1. Shelley - get registered!
2. The plane episode got to me too. Ridiculous to take 8 babies on a ski trip! Oh my, all the crying! and that was just Kate! The kids were pretty miserable too!