Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another Welcome

Jason and Janice have just joined--glad to have y'all too. Hope to hear from you soon. That makes four family members in two days.

I spoke too soon about sleeping. Here it is spring break, and after Mike woke up at 5:00 a.m. getting ready to go to work, I never could get back to sleep. Serves me right for being a little smug yesterday about my own sleeping--

Thought you might like to see what my southern hunter got on Monday. It weighed 19 pounds and had two beards. He was a happy man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Congratulations to Mike on the great success of bagging a large turkey. Will you actually clean it, cook it, and eat it?
Cleve

Ann said...

Yes, we will cook and eat the turkey breast (the rest either gets pitched or boiled and fed to the dog). I'm not too big on venison but wild turkey is not bad. I'll cut it up, soak it in milk, and fry it like chicken strips. You just have to watch out that you don't bite down on a piece of shot once in awhile. :-) Come to visit and we'll fix a big meal!