Sunday, March 2, 2008

You have to pick your battles!



I know it's 10:30 am on Sunday but I am home enjoying two of my grandsons who are sick with cough/fever. Will (the oldest) had severe influenza this week, the others have been coughing, etc. (even the 2-week old baby) so Shelley and Sam have had their hands full. Sam is on call all week-end so I brought Thad and Ben home for an overnight. Had to take this picture of Ben...he definitely has a mind of his own. Check out the footwear...as I say, you have to pick your battles! Amazingly, I did get both of them to try cough drops (Yeah, they were Luden's, but these boys don't like anything new!) and they both slathered their chests with Vick's! We had a pretty decent night.
Dad continues to run a low grade fever, has an ugly bed sore on his tailbone, weighs 128 pounds and has a painful cough. He eats little to nothing. We got hospice on board, but we realize this could go on for weeks, hopefully not months, yet. Will keep you updated.
Love to all,
Judy K

No comments: