Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quiz comments

I have to agree with the analysis of the couch angle, Uncle Lynn.

If I remember correctly, I believe Perry talked about the long-sleeved, white shirts at the '99 Alabama reunion. That was the acceptable tradition for the men. Just think, long sleeves even in the scorching heat of summer and no a/c. Apparently the women had the right to bear arms, and legs as well.

Since Judy brought up the "racey" shoes, we were wondering if Grandma's shoes were open-toed or close-toed. It's kind of hard to tell.

Any guess on what year the picture was taken? I determined it would have to be between '55 and, of course, Grandpa's death in '60(?). I googled LOOK magazine covers, and it was in '55 that they changed the title to go across the page vs. being in the corner. I could not find a match, though, for the woman on the cover.

We need to get Perry and Ada on here. I'm sure they would have input. I believe my dad, too, would have comments, if able. *sniff*

Well, my coffee break is over. (I really don't spend all day on the net!)

Love to all,
Cathy

No comments: