Saturday, May 7, 2016



Yes, I am home! It was an extraordinary trip which seemed to go fast, until I think back to the early days of April, and then I think, "Well, yes, 4 weeks was a long time!" I got Georgia and a good portion of NC knocked out.

I wanted to go further, but in the end I came home just at the right time to escape some cold, snowy weather in the Smoky Mts. I'm seeing pictures of people I knew who are still out there, and they are looking a little miserable.

What's next? I don't feel completely done with the adventure. My friend and hiking partner, Pam, is retiring the end of June, so a July trip may be in the works. We'd like to hike in Virginia and in the Shenandoah National Park.

Drake...put it on your radar...love to see you out there with us!

I'll let you all know if and when we hit the trail again...thank you for all the support! It was fun sharing the experience with you!

2 comments:

Drake said...

Nog!I'm so happy for you and proud of all you accomplished. I loved following along with your adventure and have friends and co-workers who cheered you along. Hoping we'll have a chance to hike together this Summer somewhere!

Crystal Klopfenstein said...

You did a great job!