Tuesday, August 11, 2015

This n That

A couple of weeks ago I flew to Houston to visit Gloria. I had a great time with her and Jamie and her family. Gloria is doing well and likes her new place. You can see why!


 
She has made some good friends. In fact, everyone was very friendly and they all seem to enjoy Gloria.


 
I was just sad that I didn't get a good picture of Gloria and myself. So I tried to get a selfie of us...but as you can see, she did not cooperate and backed out of the picture!
 

 
You may have seen some pictures on FB of Perry, Carol, Perry II and me on a fun boat ride on the Vermillion River. Bo worked really hard getting us and the boat in and out of the river, treated us to a relaxing ride, and a fun little island stop with a fire and a meal of chili and sweet corn. He did a fantastic job of showing us a good time.





I have found a fun place to train for hiking in East Peoria at the Forest Park Nature Center. It is a beautiful place and just challenging enough to make me work hard while enjoying the beautiful scenery.

And lastly, I had these 5 kids with me one evening. We went to the Dairy Queen, very successfully! We got all ordered easily, they ate all their food, had an ice cream treat, and we all enjoyed ourselves. They are: Carter (Jake and Malissa's), goofing off on the left; Joe (Sam and Shelley's), Phoebe (Jake and Malissa's); and Nate and Thad (Sam and Shelley's).

 
 
WHAT'S NEW WITH YOU??



3 comments:

clevekath said...

Nice post! great pics of all. Glad you could go see Gloria and had a safe journey there and back!

rk2 said...

Isn't Gloria at a really nice place?

Mmmmm, DQ.

Perry said...

Gloria looks great! So glad she can be where she is happy. ---Carol