Saturday, June 6, 2015

French Market

Today was the 2nd time I have participated in a French Market.  My friends Loris & Pat Knobloch have a beautiful garden & host an outdoor French Market in the garden with various vendors that sell things - lots of antiques, antiques, refurbished furniture, herbs, tons of plants, hand-painted art, jewelry, neat finds, essential oils, some produce, etc.  It really reminds me of the many European markets I've been to.  Today I had a booth with food items.  I had handmade Italian cream sodas, turkey wraps, truffle oil popcorn with parmesan & browned butter, salted caramel oatmeal cookies, scotcharoo's, s'mores rice krispie treats & sugared pecans!  Last year I did Italian cream sodas only so I decided to make more food this time.  Italian sodas are soooooo good & very indulgent -- flavored syrup, heavy cream (whoa!) & club soda, stirred together over ice.  Today's flavors were peach, raspberry, strawberry, pomegranate, lemon, pineapple, coconut, OR could mix & match any combination of these.  Pineapple/Coconut,  Peach/Raspberry, & Strawberry/Lemon were quite popular today.  A big thank you to my dad who helped set up all my stuff & stayed to take money & help out in general. I made sure he got a couple of treats as a thank-you!







6 comments:

Nog Blog said...

You are quite the gourmet cook...from a full meal for your parents to this fun venture. Let us know next time and maybe some of us can carpool to enjoy the day!

mim said...

Yummy! Hope Lynn doesn't read this because since his episode several weeks ago, he's been so good at being cautious at what he eats. Of course, he could enjoy vicariously, as if that works. But I sure would like to attend one of your events, Crystal.

Sonya said...

Nice!! It was a beautiful day Saturday, so I imagine you had a nice crowd!

rk2 said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Too bad Texas is so far to carpool!

Ada said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Ada said...

Wish I could go to this with all of you.