Saturday, July 5, 2014

Christensen News Toungue in cheek

Christensen News We had an exciting 4th of July! We met Angela and family, they are in Illinois from Florida, at the parade in Towanda. Following that we went to Chenoa's 4th parade. Since I grew up in Chenoa and have not really been back there for 50 years, it is sad to see the Main Street in its run down state. We were there for 3 hours and I saw only one person that I knew from my youth. In the evening we packed a picnic lunch and went to Lake Bloomington and found a picnic table near the spill way and watched the fireworks after dark as the were shot off out over the Lake. Great day! We are excited to have Angela and family here from Florida. They are here for Heidi Kiefer's daughter's wedding next Friday night. They will be staying with a few days later in the week. On Tuesday, Drake has plans for us to go to Vernon Hills to a park. The real purpose of this post is to show Ada that I REALLY so have a log in and pass word on the EJK blog. She can not get on, so I am showing her that I can!! So, bare with us in this exercise of humiliation! Other things of interest: Jason will have three boys in high school next fall, Zac (Sr), Noah (soph), and Miles (Fr). Heather is the manager at the Hardee's in ElPaso, Il if you ever go through there, stop and say hello to her. Kelsie lives in Jax Fl not too far from where Angela lives. Drake's daughter Grace is a soph at Vernon Hills High School and son Owen is in the 8th grade. The littlest of all the grandchildren, Nathan will be in the fourth grade in the fall. Ada and I are "healthy, happy, and blessed". She works hard at maintaining an orderly house and I will defy you to find ONE dandelion in my acre of manicured grass! Ada did not believe that I could post. I promised her that if/when I posted that I would NOT describe the method of "baton passing" that Coach Don Dalauga taught me in high school, which seems to be very much like a universal method taught!! Well, shot that.....no dinner tonight! When you see Ada....say, "I read Jerry's post on the Blog" then duck!

3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

And now you have no excuse not to continue posting!!

clevekath said...

Thanks for the post and for fixing the problem! Yes, we missed your family updates and will now hope for many more.

LynnK said...

"When you see Ada....say, "I read Jerry's post on the Blog" then duck!"
Well, pray tell why duck..I would think she'd be well pleased with your dissertation!!! My Dad would say, "I knowed he could do it."
Keep it up Jerry! Rif Raf means nothing!
I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT, ABSOLUTELY GREAT.
Lynn K.
10:55 PM
July 6, 2014