Saturday, February 22, 2014

Babysitting, Birthday, and Trip to Oregon


Heidi, Andrew, Julia and Laura spent almost a week with Grandma when David was born.


We celebrated Anderson's 1st birthday.  He loved it!

Kyla, Pearl Miller, and Preston

I returned from Oregon on Tuesday after a week-end with my mom and Preston and Kyla.  I provided the "wheels" to take them to Silverton for a meal and singing on Saturday and then bring them back after a wedding reception on Sunday.  We stayed in some stay over suites at the place where my mom lives and had a nice breakfast Monday morning at my sister Cynthia's home..  On Saturday we enjoyed a nearby aquarium where this picture was taken. ----Carol

PS  I just happened to notice that our grandson, Andrew, looks like Uncle Lynn and Ann.  Am I the only one that thinks so?

5 comments:

Ada said...

Carol, I'm always amazed at your stamina. To do all that in three days is a lot of driving. What a sweet picture of Preston and Kyla with your mother. And the grandchildren are sooo cute, but I'm not sure about the Uncle Lynn/Ann look-alike.

Perry said...

Yeah, usually I think I see resemblances nobody else sees. I flew to Oregon Friday night, rented a car, and waited for their flight to come in a couple of hours later. We had about a 1/2 drive to Mom's place and then an hour drive to Silverton the next afternoon. They stayed in Silverton and Mom and I drove back down for church the next morning. I'm thankful it all worked out as well as it did. Coming home on Monday evening, Kyla and Preston had a flight cancelled in Denver and ended up driving home through the night from Denver to Sioux Falls. 10 hrs of driving plus stops. There were no available flights for 48 hrs and they both had to get back to go to work. Now that would have "done me in." My flights went smoothly with no hassles.

Ada said...

OK. That makes more sense. Somehow, things always seem to work out. Glad you're all home safe.

Alice said...

Did Preston and Kyla go to the Jones girl's wedding? Lorna told me she was
engaged.

Perry said...

Yes, Rebecca Jones and Kyla were good friends.