Tuesday, August 20, 2013

On His Way


Our son is over the Pacific as I write this, headed for China.  He flew out of Charlotte this morning at 6:30 EDT to Chicago, and left there at 10:30 a.m. CDT to fly to Shanghai.  From there he goes to his city in northeastern China, and will arrive at 8:30 a.m. EDT tomorrow morning.  (That is 8:30 p.m. in his time zone in China - nice that it is exactly 12 hours ahead.)  Would appreciate your upward thoughts for him as he flies and during this transition time.

I know this will be a wonderful experience for him, both in growth for himself and in what he has to offer his students.  But it is still hard on a mother's heart to see him go.  :-)

p.s. Added Wednesday morning 8:45 a.m. - just received a brief text that he has safely arrived.  Very glad for that.

4 comments:

clevekath said...

We are and will be thinking of Andrew as he makes this very commendable journey to help others. Likewise, we can understand a parent's love and concern!

Ada said...

So glad to hear that he arrived safely. I'm sure he will have a great experience. Hope you - or Andrew - will keep us up-dated ocassionally.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I am glad Kelsie had the Thailand experience, but I'm glad it's over too! I'm with mom...I hope he or you tells more about his trip...

Ann said...

Angela, I'm sure we could exchange experiences!! It has been difficult to see him go even though I know it will be a huge and good thing for him.

Thank you all for your comments!