Sunday, March 10, 2013

Some Misc. from South Carolina:


  • I think all you Uncle Ralph offspring need to know that I have been air-typing my way through life ever since Crystal's question was posted!
  • Major lesson learned:  Be very careful not to drop half a can of frozen lemonade (thawed) between the sink and the refrigerator.  It took four moppings. . .
  • I loved the pictures of Ada and Jerry's renovation of their kitchen.  (Some may have been on FB.)  It has given me the bug to get Mike going on our kitchen with its dated wallpaper.  Maybe when we're done paying college tuition.  :-)
  • Very glad to hear that Charity and baby are back home.  Hope they are all doing well and that Charity is getting her strength back.  My brother-in-law, a family practice doctor, says that any new mother should get 24 hours in the hospital and an additional 24 hours for each child already at home.  Makes sense!
  • Also glad to hear about Baby Silas and looking forward to seeing a pic of the little man - maybe with his grandparents as well?!!
  • Hope all you Ks have a good week.  Spring is coming - our temps are in the 70s this week.
Postscript - One other thing I forgot to mention - I'm curious to know if Duck Dynasty is as big a deal in the midwest as it is here in the south?  People around here are crazy about that show!

6 comments:

clevekath said...

A comment on your first comment: I am intrigued by the finger-typing. I was spared from that apparent inherited trait. Do you type with both hands? Do you ever capitalize words? Underline words? Could someone describe the phenomenon in more detail?

Ada said...

I'm with Cleve - can't quite figure out "finger-typing". As a former typing teacher, I've never heard about until now!

Now I do sometimes scribble "air-shorthand" on my lap as the preacher is talking - just seeing if I can keep up with him!

The kitchen is coming along quite well but a lot more to do. Hope to have it done by yard-mowing time.

Alice said...

Cleve, yes we do type with both hands and make capital letters. I do not underline words. I can't explain it, Ada, but since we have talked about it I find myself "finger typing" a Lot more.
I was glad to hear there were more people with this odd habit.

rk2 said...

I'm volunteering to help take down wallpaper and help paint the next time I'm in SC!

I will go on record that I do not air type.

Crystal Klopfenstein said...

I first heard about it was almost 20 years when Shelley described it to me. She was a secretary at the time & could type very fast at her job. I don't do it all the time, but definitely find myself doing every now & then. I always capitalize and use punctuation. The worst is when I start during a sermon! I wonder if there is a medical term for this condition?!

Shelley S said...

Yes, I do use both hands when I air-type. I use capitalization, punctuation, and use my thumbs to press the space bar. Just like using a regular keyboard except my hands are usually at my sides or resting in my lap. Aunt Ada, I remember Aunt Gloria also saying that she shorthands sermons and classes she took. I always wanted to learn shorthand and even bought a book on it once, but just couldn't get the hang of it.

Ann, I think Duck Dynasty is a pretty big deal in this area too. At least it is in our household! I personally don't get the fascination with it, but they are good people so I don't mind the boys getting into it. Will even had a Duck Dynasty premiere party a few weeks ago with some of his friends.