Sunday, February 3, 2013

South Carolina News

 --Ada and Jerry came through here on Tuesday.  They spent the night with Mom and Dad before heading back to IL early the next morning - they were ready to get home!  I only got to go over there for about an hour, due to it being one of those busy teacher-responsibility nights.  But it was good to see them.  The four of them went to G'ville and ate at Outback - they requested a certain waiter named Andrew and I assume he did a good job!  Sorry no pics of A&J's brief visit here.

--Here is a "little-girl blanket" I made for Mary and Joey's granddaughter Emma (Lindsay's little girl).  It was supposed to be done by Christmas, but. . .you know how that can go sometimes.  Mid-January is better than not getting it done at all.  I figure since Ada is always making such beautiful things, I should put my once-a-decade creation on here.  You can't tell in the picture, but both colors of yarn include a metallic thread that makes it shine really nicely.


--And finally, Andrew and Mary Lee went on a retreat to the mountains with the college group of a church they have been attending, and sent me this pic this morning. 

2 comments:

Ada said...

Wow - I think your afghan/blanket is beautiful. I'm sure little Emma will be nice and cozy-warm with that blanket. It was also good to see you even if it was a short visit. AND thanks to Lynn and Mim for their gracious hospitality.

That Mary Lee and Andrew just get better-looking all the time. We enjoyed seeing Andrew and the ribs were delicious!

I thought about the picture-taking as we were driving home. Maybe next time. It rained all the way home and often very heavy rain! But we made it and are happy to be home.

Nog Blog said...

Loved the blanket and your beautiful children. I mean, handsome young man and beautiful daughter. We have to let them grow up, right?