Monday, January 7, 2013

GETTING SETTLED

We are settled into our beautiful third-floor condo and loving it. It is located on a narrow stretch of Gulf Rd. that has the Intercoastal Waterway on the East side and the Gulf on the West. We can sit on the east balcony and watch the boats on the waterway and sit on the west balcony and watch people on the beach. Or we can go down by the pool and read/sleep.

Cloudy day today, but we will take our usual 2-mile walk soon - hoping to increase the mileage a little day. Weather supposed to clear up mid-afternoon and be beautiful and sunny for the next 10 days or so. But we all know how accurate those weather forecasters are - so we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been trying to get a picture on here, but it won't work! Obviously, I've been sending pictures "forever", so can't figure out what's wrong now. Probably hit the wrong button someplace!!

6 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Wish we were there with you! I hope your move went smoothly and your weather is good for the next few weeks. Our Florida plans have changed and we will be taking Gloria to Texas to visit Jamie instead. I don't know how warm it might be in Texas...we may have to still get in something tropical this winter...it's cold here in Illinois!

Ann said...

Blogger is weird sometimes and just won't do things. Try again in a few hours and I bet it works fine. Glad you've got such a lovely place.

rk2 said...

Judy, when are you in Texas?

Ada and Jerry, have a wonderful time. Sounds like a great place.

I have found that I cannot post pictures in Internet Explorer but I can in Firefox.

Nog Blog said...

Rhoda - looks like we will be going the week of the 21st, and then again later sometime in Feb/Mar. I thought about you...will see where you are at that time...

clevekath said...

J and A: It sounds like you have quite a problem: "Where, oh where, do we decide to lounge?" East balcony? west balcony? pool? beach?????
Decisions, decisions!!!!

Ada said...

Yep, Cleve, you're right!! We are bickering constantly about where to hang out! He wants the sun and I want the shade, so in the morning I sit on the west and he sits on the east, then we switch about 1 o'clock and we can't bicker when we're at opposides of the unit!!

Now, you know I'm just kidding. We've been walking every day trying to increase the distance each time. When sitting by the pool, I prefer under the umbrella and he sits in the sun. Pool looks more inviting everyday as the weather is warming up. Probably jump in one of these days.