Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last weekend to be 4 _

Several weekends ago my friend Renae asked if I had plans for this weekend. She planned a trip but didn't tell me where we were going. On Friday when I left work I found out we were headed to Boyne Mountain for the weekend. It's a ski resort about 3 hours north that has year round activities, and this weekend was Skitoberfest. The colors of the leaves were just amazing the entire weekend. We did have some light rain at times, but the weekend was just perfect.

Twice we rode the chairlift to the top of the mountain to enjoy the view.



  

This is at the top. I felt like the parent with the gloves, ear muffs, camera, etc. in my jacket pockets.

 

We rode the zip line twice so we can cross that off our bucket list. On the second trip Renae felt brave enough to get a picture of me. Notice I'm still holding on tightly with one hand. As I looked at the pictures I realized it looks more painful than it really was. It was fun to zip over part of the campus including a pond by the lodge.





We also enjoyed a 90+ minute horseride through the woods and the grounds to enjoy the beautiful colors.



And one of the best parts of the weekend is that the first digit of my age isn't changing soon!!!





6 comments:

clevekath said...

Boyne is a great place to visit. We were there 2 years ago and enjoyed the tram, etc., but they didn't have the zipline then. You are brave!

Nog Blog said...

Ditto on the bravery! I don't like heights and I especially don't like speed. Makes the tears stream down my face.

MaryM said...

Glad you had such a good birthday weekend. Hope you're having a good day today!

rk2 said...

I thought the zip line would be way scarier than it was, and I thought I'd have trouble taking the step off. It really wasn't bad!

I cannot describe how beautiful the leaves were especially when the sun was shining on them!

Ada said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday vacation! I'd be waaay too scared to "zipline", but you're young enough to enjoy it and I'm sure it was quite a thrill!

Shelley S said...

The trees and scenery look beautiful! Riding a zip-line is on my bucket list. Maybe when my boys are older they'll do it with me. It looks like you had a great time!