Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Back in Action

Well, I've been totally away from here for awhile.  We took a spur of the moment trip to Omaha, Nebraska, to see Mike's beloved Gamecocks play in the College World Series.  It was a great trip - I've outlined it in more detail on my own blog.

We tried to stop for a few minutes to see Maria's family and meet the new baby, but Brandon got sick the night before we were coming, so that got scratched.  Sure hope he's a lot better by now.  Maria missed out on a jar of my homemade strawberry jam, but maybe we can fix that later on sometime!

If you're ever 45 minutes south of Omaha, I highly recommend Lied Lodge.  It's run by the Arbor Day Foundation and was a lovely place to stay.


Will try to catch up on what's been happening here in the past week or two!

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Looks like a great place to check out. Love those spontaneous trips.

clevekath said...

A true fan to go all the way to Omaha from the Carolina's. I hope the Gamecocks won. Yes, spur of the moment trips are fun. A Chartered Bus company in Peoria even offers 1 day "Mystery Trips" and don't reveal the destination until the bus arrives there. People love it.