Monday, February 6, 2012

EVENING WITH FRIENDS


We spent the weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. We went to church Sunday - really made us think of Ralph and Catherine and the times we visited them there

We went out to dinner with Emmy Steffen and her sister-in-law Doris. We went to a great Italian place called Umberto's. After dinner we went to Emmy's condo and had ice cream w/sugared strawberries, a variety of bars, nuts and candies. Great evening.

This morning we drove to Daytona Beach and are spending two nights in a lovely room on the 11th floor of a great hotel. I will take a couple pictures tomorrow to show you. We plan to arrive in Jacksonville on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Mom asks me almost every day where you are at and how long you will be gone. When will you arrive in DC and how long do you plan to be there?

BTW, today Mom turns 85.

Ann said...

I remember Emmy well and always thought she was such a gracious lady. I enjoyed being friends with Vicki also, and we still catch up whenever I get to Gridley.

Glad you're having such a good time. You're going to DC also? Didn't realize this was such a mega-trip!

Ada said...

We plan to arrive in DC on Feb. 15 and stay until the end of the month. Yes, Ann, Emmy is definitely a gracious lady - and very easy to spend time with. I also enjoy visiting with Vicki when I have the opportunity.