Friday, January 20, 2012

Since we've been talking about aging . . . .

Old folks are worth a fortune: with silver in their hair, gold in their teeth, stones in their kidneys, lead in their feet, and gas in their stomachs.

I have become a lot more social with the passing of years; some might even call me a frivolous old gal. I'm seeing five gentlemen every day.

As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps me get out of bed. Then I go see John. Then Charley Horse comes along, and when he is here he takes a lot of time and attention. When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows up and stays the rest of the day. (He doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he takes me from joint to joint.) After such a busy day, I'm really tired and glad to go to bed - with Ben Gay. What a life!

P.S. The preacher came to call the other day. He said that at my age, I should be thinking abou the hereafter. I told him I do - all the time. No matter where I am - in the den, upstairs, in the kitchen or down in the basement - I ask myself, "Now, what am I here after?"

4 comments:

Ada said...

Pretty cute, Cathy. I actually think I've seen these before - probably when I was working at Meadows.

Cleve said...

Hadn't heard these before. Funny!
Thanks for sharing.

Mim said...

For the benefit of all you youngsters, one is not really old until he says, "on my next birthday I will be..." Your uncle Lynn will turn 82 next Sunday and has been richly blessed with reasonably good health. We've both been blessed with soon fifty-five years together.

Ada said...

Jerry says "I'll be . . ." just be just because he knows it irritates me! Why are men like that?

Happy Birthday to Lynn, AND we hope you are blessed with many more years together.