Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Morning at Walmart

It's not a good thing when you hear, "Get him! Get him! He's under here! He ran under here!" Soon there was screaming and running and laughing going on around the rack of fresh baked goods. I saw them catch the little critter, but I didn't think it was nearly as funny as they did!

At checkout they directed me to the register of the one-armed new employee. Kudos to Walmart and to the hard-working woman for doing the right thing. We had a pleasant conversation, but let me just say I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the little kid I encountered when I was leaving the store. He must have been 4 years old, tall and skinny. He had on mismatched pajamas (it was 10:45 am), one green camouflage clog and one yellow Spongebob clog, and a big grin, as his parents were yelling, "Get back here! Stop right now!" As far as I could see, he was still running.

It's still my most-frequented store.

3 comments:

Ada said...

LOL -- Judy you are so funny! Who else would have so many stories to tell from one visit to from Walmart?!?

rk2 said...

For some cheap entertainment you can also to this website instead of actually going to the store:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos

Shelley S said...

I can only bring myself to shop there about once a year - usually when I haven't been in awhile and have forgotten how horrible it is.

I went last week to buy a camera that was on a good sale. When I got there, it was no longer on 'rollback' but still a better price than other places I had checked. So I decided to go ahead with it.

When I went to check out (in the electronics dept), the sales clerk would not accept my $50s because they 'looked funny'. They weren't the new bills with the colors on them, just the plain old green ones that I had gotten from the bank just 10 minutes before.

She called another employee over and they discussed ways to try and figure out if I had counterfeited them. They couldn't use the regular marker-pen because I may have bleached out a $5 bill and reprinted a $50 on top of it and then the marker pen would still show its a good bill. They put it on a light box and began educating me on how General Grant's face shouldn't be as grumpy as it appeared in the bills I gave them.

I went ahead and paid another way and then took those bills right back to the bank where they assured me they were indeed legal tender. Kudos to the Walmart employees for being vigilantes in the fight against counterfeits. But seriously!?!

It was no big deal really, but it wasted about 30 minutes of "alone-errand-time" and I don't get a lot of that.

I think I'll wait another year before trying Walmart again.