Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gridley From the Air

Mark coincidentally was on the same flight to Detroit as my folks and I were on Monday afternoon, which was an unexpected treat. As we were leaving the terminal to board the plane in Peoria, on a whim he asked the gate attendant if there was any way that the four of us could sit together. (A rare possibility on flights these days.) Surprisingly, she said "The entire row six is empty and your family can sit there." Really nice!

Anyway, I was looking out the left window seat - when I realized we were flying right over El Paso/Gridley/Chenoa. Dad leaned over and looked with me, confirmed that that was correct, and we identified many familiar landmarks. Sorry we couldn't wave, Ada!

4 comments:

Ada said...

Hey - I saw that plane and waved and waved -- then just said to myself "well, just be that way!"

Could you see our house?

Ann said...

Not sure I could exactly pick out your house, but definitely the neighborhood. We easily picked out the cemetery and the area of the AC church. In El Paso and Chenoa the clinchers that we were right were the interstate exchanges.

Nog Blog said...

Ada - now you made me laugh!

Ann said...

She made me feel guilty!!! :-)