Friday, September 16, 2011

THREE MORE



These are not in the order I thought the would appear, but I'm not changing them. The Bailes family pics speak for themselves. Beautiful wedding and adorable children.

The pictures of the Stevig family and me was taken in 1962, the summer Mother and I drove the old blue buick to California, stopping in Colorado for several days to see Keith and Alice and Larry Jay. I think Perry was stationed in Colorado Springs - am I right on that? - and we all spent some time together. I think Larry was about 2 or 3 and Alice said he "stood" on the floor looking over the seat all the way from Morton to Colorado Springs AND everytime they saw a Volkswagon on the road he yelled " 'Ats a funny car!" Am I right on that memory, Alice?

3 comments:

Alice said...

You are right, Ada. The poor kid didn't even have a car seat. Who knew about those in the 60's?
Remember we went to the sister church in Denver with Perry. Then we went to someone's home for dinner. Good memory Ada.

Nog Blog said...

I enjoy all the pictures that show up on the blog. Thanks everyone for posting them!

Ann said...

Ada, you are going to have me going off on nostalgia with those pictures. Thanks for posting them.

We called VWs "spuds" and a red one was a "spud magoo." The kids got one point for a spud and five points for a spud magoo or a spud convertible. Occupied many hours of driving. . .