Thursday, July 7, 2011

THE NERVE!!!

I couldn't believe what I saw when getting the paper from the front door this morning at 6:30 - the NERVE of this guy eating my flowers for breakfast!! This pot was filled with beautiful pink and yellow flowers a couple weeks ago . . .



THEN . . . I went and looked out the back window onto our deck . . . and saw THIS!!


We've noticed two "frisky" rabbits playing around our deck area the last few days. Afraid we may have even more rabbits to fight off someday soon! Between the Japanese beatles and the rabbits - we may be stripped of leaves and flowers by the end of the summer.

3 comments:

rk2 said...

They must be pretty good flowers because that rabbit looks plenty plump!!!

Carol said...

And I always thought it was smart to put your flowers in pots so the rabbits couldn't reach them. I can see I've underestimated the rabbits.

Cleve said...

True story: In the early 60's when Uncle Joe and Aunt Setta lived down on the hard road (Rt. 24)in their latter days, Aunt Setta hated a particular rabbit that was eating her flowers and garden produce. Upon coming home one day, she saw the rabbit and angrily & impulsively THREW HER PURSE at the rabbit to scare it away. However, the purse hit the rabbit square in the head and KILLED IT instantly. She felt horrible at the time, but she loved to tell that story. Aunt Setta was a legend...I could tell a few more Aunt Setta stories, too, as many of you could also.