Saturday, June 25, 2011

They don't call it a "paint job" for nothing...


Well, it is past time to do some painting in our house. Some walls really need a good covering up, and some rooms just need freshening.

No problem. I love to paint...except when:

the cheap paint bubbles on the wall,
the cheap rollers leave fuzzies on the wall,
the new expensive paint and rollers also leave bubbles and fuzzies on the wall,
paint gets on the woodwork,
paint splatters on the hardwood floor,
the clean-up is just as much work as the painting,
and when I get all done,

I don't really like the color I've just spent hours putting on.

6 comments:

Ada said...

Well, Judy, Jerry and I are laughing again!! Sorry you had so much trouble.

rk2 said...

I was laughing too. At least you didn't pay anyone to do it for you and it was a lousy job!

Eric - Retta said...

Has it turned into the "Doud Drive Living Room Paint Fiasco" yet? If I recall, you painted that one 4 times because by the time you got back around to the beginning of the room the color wasn't what you wanted. If I also recall, dad was about to go nuts about it. Painting isn't fun, and there are always messes. I've gotten to the point of "oh well" because most people don't even notice anyway.

Nog Blog said...

When I tried to paint the bathroom in this condo, I also painted about 4 times. On the last try, Dad came in and said, "It looks good if you like the color of baby diarrhea." I ended up wallpapering.

Ada said...

Again, Judy, you made us laugh!!

rk2 said...

In the first year in my condo I painted the bathroom walls a total of 10 times because of using various techniques that used different colors. On the third technique I finally had a look that I liked.

Last fall my friend and I decorated Mom and Dad's middle bathroom after their move and I'm telling myself I don't want to re-do my bathroom with that color combination even though I really, really like it.

I'm afraid any more paint on the walls may make them fall down!