Thursday, May 19, 2011

THIS AND THAT

First of all, just want to let you know that we are "empty-nesters" once again. Our little robins have left their nest and we miss watching their parents feed them. It really was fun watching them grow so fast within just a couple weeks.

Kelsie spent a couple days with us this week. She will be starting a summer job at State Farm in a couple weeks, so we thought we'd take advantage of her before she starts. First she helped me in my sewing room - she cut four-inch squares, then I folded and ironed them into triangles to be used as "prairie points" for the next quilt I have to finish. She also played with my embroidery machine and completed a couple designs for herself.

She also helped us paint the lattice frames on the deck yesterday, and today painted the deck with Grandpa then pulled weeds with me. We may call her back a few more times this summer - she's a happy, willing worker.



1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

Oooh, might have to hire her!