Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thou shalt not compare...


A friend invited me to join the YWCA with her, so I've been going quite often to walk the treadmill and work weights. I do some swim aerobics classes and my favorite, swimming laps.

This morning I was in the pool doing my laps, when I saw a woman come in. She got in the lane next to me and started her laps. After a while I noticed that I was actually a little faster than her. And she was a good swimmer!

How did I know? She did those fancy flips at the end of the pool to turn around.

Why did I not get puffed up? I estimate her age at about 75 - 80.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face, Judy. I enjoy the way you find the humor in life.

Carol said...

Oops, I hit anonymous instead of "name."

Cleve said...

Nog,
Congrats on your exercise regimen!
We've heard you've done well on your diet, too. Remember that the best way to diet is to "No" thyself. And it you cheat, you gain in the end. And you're allowed to eat all you want of anything you don't like. On my last diet, it was a garlic diet...I lost 5 lbs. and 14 friends. I'd like to try another diet, but I'm a poor loser.
Keep up the good work!

Ada said...

Don't know which was funnier -- Judy's post, Carol's oops, or Cleve's comment. Way to go Judy - wish I could swim enough to keep up with you.

rk2 said...

Very funny Judy and Cleve--it must run in the family.