Saturday, January 8, 2011

SHOCK TREATMENT

Moving to South Carolina has necessitated transfer of medicine prescriptions. Endeavoring to complete this process, I was explaining to the two ladies at the pharmacy the situation and the reason to be closer to family. I said that years and miles dictated such a move. Of course they wondered about my age: to-wit, one guessed 43 (obviously joking) and the other paused and sorta surveyed me when she answered--86! She was serious!!! I about died!!! Whew--that was nearly too much to handle but I recovered quickly and attempted to slough it off. Well, we all attempted to make a lighter moment of it all. This was indeed "a shock treatment" rather early on Saturday morning. How often we get a "shock treatment" in life and we have to learn to "get over it."

5 comments:

rk2 said...

Oh no, now apparently I look just like an 86-year old man! And I thought 80 was bad.

I'm right there with you Dad.

Ada said...

Maybe about 70 - still puts you a couple years above me. On the other hand, since I only look about 45, you probably look about 52. OK??

Anonymous said...

When Nathan and I were helping Heather move out of her apartment, one her neighbors said to Nathan, "Are you helping your grandma?" Um...no, I'm the mom, and they're both the kids...

rk2 said...

My friend wants to know what age your were expecting her to guess you as.

Also, a year or so go Renae was offered the senior citizen discount on a drink at a local fast food place. When I laughed the clerk (who was older than we were) said she would offer it to me too!!! Now that was a shock treatment.

Cleve said...

Our former neighbor and good friend was a mother of 2 kids, but looked VERY young -- almost a problem for her. She and her husband once went to the drive-in bank window (just the 2 of them) and the teller asked her husband "does your daughter want a sucker?". And, often strangers would knock on her door and ask "Is you mother or father home?"
Now that's "shock treatment" -- in reverse.