Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Speaking of Heavenly Hash

I am supposed to bring a dessert to Brandon's family Christmas tomorrow night and was thinking of trying heavenly hash! I haven't had it for years and thought this would be a good opportunity. I looked through the K family cookbook but didn't see the recipe so I was going to ask for it. But after reading Rhoda's post maybe it's more complicated than what I'm up for! I'll wait to see if Aunt Alice has any encouragement...and the recipe of course!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks Aunt Alice for the recipe (sent via email)! I think I'll try it.

Ann said...

Let us know how it turns out!

Maybe we could get Aunt Alice to post the recipe on here? Just for old times' sake?

rk2 said...

No, it really isn't hard. We just had fun getting everyone involved--I figured if it wasn't good I couldn't get all the blame that way, and we started making the sponge cake rather late at night.

I think Aunt Alice and Aunt Ada use different sponge cake recipes. We probably need both and try both!

Maria said...

Well, the heavenly hash is finished and in the fridge. Anna and I both tasted it and love it so now we'll see what Brandon's family thinks. Brandon and I worked as a team....he is the more patient cook. When it says add "gradually" he takes it seriously. I'm more like lets get it done! Anyway, we balance each other out and it was fun.

Ann said...

It must be in your genes - I'm a "get it done" person also. :-)

Alice said...

Be sure to let us know how the Emch's liked it.