Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday, Dec. 4

Dave got home a couple of hours ago from plowing snow all night. It's beautiful looking out the window and I'm sure kids are out all over town playing in the snow...nice it came on a Saturday.

So Dave's in bed, I've been lounging around, but hope to get moving soon, just cleaning up and sorting out, and maybe wrapping a few Christmas presents. Tonight I'm going to Hailee's madrigal dinner...Jake and Malissa's oldest daughter...at Olympia high school. Judging from the other events I've been to at her school, I'm looking forward to a fun evening.

Ada...I can see, too, if I have the right glasses in the right place at the right time. I wear bifocals when I'm out of the house, but I use my $1 reading glasses from the Dollar Tree for the computer, the mail, reading, etc.
Therefore...




With this many glasses, it's amazing that sometimes I can't find a pair just where I need them. They've all migrated to the kitchen, or the coffee table, or in a purse, or a coat pocket...but this morning these were all on my desk. Dave yells about my care of them, as in here, face down on the desk, but seriously, I don't worry about it too much.

Hope you all have a nice week-end.

7 comments:

Ada said...

Ha - we thought about Dave last night as we were driving home from the Chanticleer in Eureka - takes a long time to get from there to here at 25/30 mph!

This morning we went to B'ton to pick up Nathan and Heater as Ang and Jerry have an event to go to tonight. It was another long trip up the blacktop - just heard as we drove into Gridley that there is not 6 inches of snow and still coming down. It is beautiful!!

Cleve said...

And more snow predicted, they say!
As for reading glasses, my doctor said most everyone, at age 47, will need to buy some reading glasses. So get prepared, you younger readers.....And yes, buy lots of them at the Dollar Stores because you'll lose or misplace them constantly.

rk2 said...

My eye doctor said I'd know when I was ready for them (not yet!!!) and just go get the cheap ones at Meijer. Try on different ones and try to read something to see which seemed best.

Since I'm not real keen on glasses I'm wondering how the bifocal contacts work for others.

Ann said...

Wore contacts for several years - the left eye corrected for distance and the right eye corrected for reading. It sounds awful but it worked great. UNTIL I had to add reading glasses on top of the contacts! The next appt. we upped the reading prescription, but it can only be done to a certain point because the differences become too great.

So now I've joined the ranks of the bifocalians. (how do you like that word - I made it up.) :-)

But we still have glasses all over the place because Mike uses them.

Eric - Retta said...

Funny story about glasses. The head of our Deacon Board in Alabama, Butch, purchased his glasses at Walgreen's. He'd buy them by the case because he was always misplacing them. One night, during a church business meeting, he asked his wife for a pair of glasses, which she pulled from her purse. He put them on, read the document, then pushed them up onto his head where two pairs of glasses already rested. EDK

Nog Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nog Blog said...

That's old eyesight...and old brain! It's a mean combination!

(I deleted the last comment, as I wasn't finished yet!)

(That's old brain.)