Thursday, October 28, 2010

More Klop Sleep Isues

Tuesday night the power was out in my neighborhood meaning it was extremely dark and very quiet trying to go to sleep.


Here's how I solved my problem: I have a crank flashlight so I wound that up for about 30 seconds to give a little light in the room and I also remembered getting a crank radio so pulled that out and wound and wound and wound it (all that winding really kind of woke me up) to listen to the end of the Celtics/Heat game on ESPN radio. I use my cell phone for an alarm clock so I knew I'd wake up when needed in the morning, except I was down to one bar as I hadn't charged the phone the previous night. I also had in the back of my mind what if the phone dies and I don't wake up in time for work.

With all the sleep issues we Klopfensteins seem to have has anyone had it too dark and too quiet to sleep with the power out?

By the way, this is the third time in two years wind has caused power outages for my area.

And the power came back on at 11:53 pm.

2 comments:

Ada said...

Sounds like you did a lot of work in preparing for the night - and all for nothing. I don't think the darkness or the quietness bothers either of us, but when the electricity is out at night, we can't sleep because we worry about the sump pump not working and the basement flooding! Fortunately only one night did I hear the alarm and we had only limited overflow.

Nog Blog said...

Dave got a taste of his own medicine last night, when at 2:30 am I started screaming (really) with cramps in both legs. Ouch! It's never dark and quiet at night for long at our house!