Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BUSY DAY

This morning I put a new quilt in the frames at Sunrise Manor. Hard job, but I got it done. We're taking dinner to a friend of Jerry's who had surgery last week. He lives alone, so I've been baking brownies, cooking chicken and noodles for a casserole, and cooling a jello salad in the fridge. Also taking a banana bread that we bought in Arthur yesterday. Sounds good, huh?

Here are some pictures of my latest projects - these were on facebook, but don't think I put them here before.
This is "tilt-a-whirl" pattern in blues and pinks.
The star pattern in beige, golds, and misc.

This is a ballerina girl - dresser scarf and small square table top.

In progress: another tilt-a-whirl in pinks and greens. I think this might be my favorite when it's completed. Still working on the machine-quilting on this then will flip the back to make dark green border around the edge.

2 comments:

Mim said...

You are so clever. I'm not supposed to envy, but I do a little!! I gather that the unlabeled ones are table runners. All the work you put into one of those pretties makes my head spin.
I really appreciate your sharing the pictures of your creations and your regular contributions to the EJK blog.

Carol said...

Your work is beautiful, Ada! Do you sell them on ebay? It makes me think of Mother who did such beautiful hand work. Today as Preston and I continue to clean the attic, I found several baby blankets she crocheted for us when we had our babies. I also found a pair of knitted slippers. I'm washing the blankets and will see if Elizabeth can use them.