Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July

The weather is beautiful this morning and predicted to be a nice week-end for the
4th of July. We are headed to Olney, Il to Eric and Retta's, about a 3-hour drive. Looking forward to some time with family. Putting up a couple of tents...should be interesting! I remember camping out on this weekend before and the fireworks tend to continue throughout the night. Booms and bangs just when you're getting back to sleep from the last burst!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ada said...

Have fun. Sounds like a great weekend, sll except for the tents!! I know what you mean about fireworks, we have neighbors who shoot them off half the night. I'm ok with it until about midnight - even 1 o'clock - but after that, when I just get to sleep and they start again, I get pretty irritated!!

Does anyone else have trouble with the "word verification" when posting comments? Mine has been coming up with no words in the box but just a little box with red x in corner. I've learned that I just type a few letters in the box, and hit enter, it comes back with an error message AND some word I can see then I go ahead and finish it. It took me quite a while to try what I did and so now I can post and comment again!! YEAHHHH!!

Ann said...

We have neighbors who shoot off hundreds of fireworks on the 4th of July, New Years, or any other occasion they can think of. What is bad is when Mike has to work day shift the next day, meaning he has to get up at 4:00 a.m. and work 12 hours - and the fireworks are going off until about 1:00 a.m.

Nog Blog said...

I've had the verification issue also and did just what you did, Ada. They can't stump us!

Party-pooper said...

Fireworks are way overrated in about every regard. I often have to think if they cut the amount in at least half (or totally), what could be done with the savings (charity, etc.) A little is fine, but all night long gets a little childish.
Cleve