Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mom, and a Question

Thought you might like to know that Mom was in a car accident yesterday and broke her wrist and a bone in her arm. I'm going over tomorrow to stay with her while Dad goes to his Klopfenstein genealogy reunion in Indiana. She can't get a permanent cast until the swelling goes down. Dad says she is reasonably pain-free as long as she can keep her arm perfectly still, but any movement causes problems. Unfortunately, it is her left arm and she is left-handed. I know she would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Also have a question: What color are post titles when you read this blog? I thought they appeared white, but now they are looking gray and hard to read. This new design model put out by Blogger is more difficult to change things on. If titles are hard for you to read, would you please let me know.

6 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Thankful it wasn't more serious, though an incapacitated dominant arm is no small matter. It will be a challenge for both your mom and your dad. Anxious to hear more about what happened.

Nog Blog said...

And, oh yes, I can read everything just fine. Thanks for all your work keeping the blog updated and interesting.

rk2 said...

The post titles for me are a very, very light shade of yellow.

I talked with Mom aboue 30 minutes ago and the orthopedic surgeon put a cast on today and said it should heal ok without surgery.

We are so thankful that this wasn't worse, and I'm really thankful that Ann is available to go help out when Dad is gone.

Maria said...

You'll be in our prayers, Aunt Mim. Wow, you never know what God has in store for each day! Ann, the blog looks great...the titles are light yellow for me too.

Perry said...

The accident might have some good benefits for the future. Believe me, I was very careful driving today. Every time I made a left turn, I thought of Mim, and was especially careful to look for oncoming traffic. So her accident makes me more careful in driving and turning. I plan to continue to do so, probably thinking of Mim on making turns.

I am thankful her life was spared.
I hope there won't be any more Mimcidents!!

mim said...

thank you for your kind comments. Tangling with another vehicle is to be avoided and i will be much more cautious henceforth. Good idea, perry. the crunch came before i realized what was happening.
thankfully, dr thought the break in the ulna will heal without surgery. said hairline fracture in wrist bone will take longer to heal than the other more obvious break.
my great helpmeet leaves for indiana this afternoon; am so glad he will not have to miss this event that he has worked so hard to bring about. will be nice to have one on one time with ann.