Friday, April 16, 2010

Hands, Part II


Some of you rec'd an e-mail from Ada about Grandma's hands. (It was neat - maybe she can post it on here.) Here is the accompanying pic.  Anyway, it reminded me of a previous post by Judy, shown below.

Conversation with Ben:

Ben: I know why you're my grandma.
Me: Why?
Ben: Because you're my mom's...you're my mom's...because you're my mom's...
Will: She's Mom's mom.
Ben: Yeah, you're my mom's mom. And her hands are real smooth...and your hands are...popping out.

Just this week Reagan was looking at my hand, poking at the veins, and said, "You're hand is just like Grandma Great's."  (my kids/grandkids say Grandma Great instead of Great Grandma).    *sigh*

Cathy

4 comments:

Ada said...

I'll have to think real hard about just how to move that email into the blog. But my husband invited me out to dinner tonight, so I have to go get ready now. I'll try to post later, but you might have to do it for me, Cathy.

Ann said...

The picture alone is beautiful, even without the text part of Ada's email. And, Cathy - I agree with your sigh - We're not getting any younger, are we. :-)

Nog Blog said...

So last week,the conversation went like this...
Come on, ol' Granny!
Well, you're not an old granny. You're a young grandma.

Another boy chimes in:
Yeah! You're a young grandma...just wrinkled!

Mim said...

Several years ago I was at Mark and Molly's soon after the death of Molly's grandfather. John Michael, then a little fellow looked at me and said,"Grandma, do old people die? But I don't think you're going to die!" By now he's gotten older and so have I.
On another note, we praise the Lord for the blessings He has heaped upon us through the years.