Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ANNIVERSARY

I believe today is Lynn and Miriam's 53rd anniversary. Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more years together. I remember the wedding well. I wore a pretty blue dress with a big can-can under it and my first pair of heels (probably 1.5 inches). I was 13 and really thought I was cool. There's a picture of me someplace but I don't know where.

But I mustn't forget the Bride and Groom -- Mim was very pretty in her cream-colored suit and Lynn was quite handsome also.

2 comments:

marym said...

Joey and I got to celebrate with them today. Mom cooked a fantastic lunch and we enjoyed our time together. In his prayer, Dad thanked the Lord for 53 wonderful years with his wife. It was very sweet. I thank Him for 2 wonderful parents!

Mim said...

Ada, how sweet of you to remember.
I remember also that day was your first to wear nylon hosiery. Guess that is to be expected with those inch and a half heels!

We're celebrating by going to Birmingham on Friday for the annual Eagle Forum banquet. Phyllis Schlafly will be the main speaker. I met her once several years ago and she asked if I knew Jay!

The conference is at the Marriott so these old timers will be living it up!