Tuesday, January 12, 2010

VACATION ACTIVITIES



A night out at the Roaring Twenties Pizza parlor. This man played music from the 20's plus a few others. It was fascinating to watch him manage about 5 keyboards plus many switches, buttons, pedals etc on this elaborate organ. Very entertaining - and good pizza also. The organ is on a platform that rises slowly when the show starts and lowers down out of sight at intermission and repeats for the second half. He plays mostly requests that the audience puts in a basket beside a "tip jar".





Good rainy day activity -- cutting and sewing squares of fabric together. Later, I may have some finished projects to show you. Behind the computer is the boxed game of "Cash Cab" that Janice and Jason arrived a couple days ago for Jerry's birthday. We're going to try it out tomorrow on his birthday. It's our favorite TV show.






Jerry doing his morning workout with 5-lb weights and leg lifts. He's doing well and walking with me when the weather's fit, but I'll have to admit that while I'm shopping, he finds a bench to sit and "people-watch".







The worst thing about posting is getting the pictures and wording placed properly. I think I might be improving at the process, but can't say for sure until I get this posted and see if it is doing what I think it will. The weather is better today, so we're heading to the beach right now!!

3 comments:

Ada said...

Guess I don't know what I'm doing afterall. Don't know why there is so much extra space - it wasn't there on my work page!!

rk2 said...

I find it a problem as well when I post several pictures. You can hit the preview button to see the layout and then make corrections before posting.

Your place looks nice and it looks as if you are having a good time.

I like Cash Cab as well. I can't imagine driving in NYC and asking those questions as well. Of course, I can't imagine getting in a cab and stepping out of it with a lot of money either.

Cleve said...

It looks to me that you're doing just fine posting pics and captions. The extra space doesn't bother us at all. Nice condo! Enjoy Florida. You're now probably glued to the earthquake damage being shown on all news channels. Very awful and sad.